Concert and Rehearsal Dates
All performances are on hold for the time being. When concerts resume, our directors will contact families whose children are in Band.
After School Rehearsals
During the 2 weeks prior to concerts, students will need to attend after-school rehearsals. Usually there are two. Dates will be announced at least one month in advance.
Students are expected to be in attendance at all rehearsals. Rehearsals are graded. If a student has a club, activity or sport, please communicate to the sponsor before-hand and explain that the band rehearsal takes priority. Our coaches and activity sponsors are very gracious about this, and as long as they are informed well in advance, we can always find a workable agreement. We only have two opportunities for rehearsals with all band members together before our concert. If even one person is absent from the rehearsal, it affects the whole band.
If the student has a conflict that is a rep sport match, tournament or contest, please send an email to both your Band Director and the sponsor of the activity/sport explaining that the student will need to go to the match.
If the student has a conflict that is a practice or an activity, please send an email to both the Band Director and the sponsor of the activity/sport explaining that the student will miss the activity because of a mandatory band rehearsal.
If the student is absent due to illness, the parent should send an email to the Band Director.
Concert Dress Code
We like to look our best on stage. Concert dress is the same for all concerts. The Bands wear ALL BLACK for each performance. Cost and quality are not important as long as all items are completely black in color.
- Black long-sleeved dress shirt
- Size 14 & 15 can be ordered through SAS Band for $25
- Size 16 and up can be purchased from area department stores: Metro, G2000, Uniqlo, BHG
- Black dress pants - see stores above. If your child is on the smaller side, you can also try Kiddy Palace.
- Black dress shoes - cheap shoes from Uniqlo, Bata, My CK Dept Store, Kiddie Palace, and shops in Little India, Chinatown, Lucky Plaza, are perfect.
- Black socks that cover the ankle.
- Black blouse that covers the shoulders - 3/4 sleeves are best
- Long Black Trousers (no skirts!). Try Uniqlo, Metro, G2000, Uniqlo, My CK Dept Store, BHG. If your child is on the smaller side, you can also try Kiddy Palace.
- Dressy shoes - cheap shoes from Bata, My CK Dept Store and shops in Little India, Chinatown, Lucky Plaza, are perfect.
- Students who wear un-approved skirts, or blouses showing bare shoulders will lose marks on their concert grades.